Creating Healthy Schools and Communities (CHSC) initative: RFA # 1405120447
Go Africa Network Inc. (a 501(c)(3) U.S. based non-profit), in concert with New York State Department of Health’s Division of Nutrition Bureau of Nutrition Risk Reduction endeavors to partner with school Districts Identified as High-risk by the New York State, Bureau of Community Chronic Disease Prevention as in need of for preventing and addressing obesity related issues in New York State (NYS) schools districts .
Go Africa Network aim’s to partner with school districts with the aim of the following objectives:
- Mobilize and collaborate school districts and communities by creating a coordinated, multi-sector effort to increase demand for and access to healthy food and opportunities for physical activity, to reduce the risk of obesity in high-need communities and school districts.
- Increase access to healthy, affordable foods (especially fruits and vegetables, low-sodium foods, and healthy beverages) and increase school districts’ ability to meet federal Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 (HHFKA) nutrition standards for vending, a la carte, school stores, and other foods sold outside the school meal programs.
- Establish Comprehensive School Physical Activity Programs and implement and strengthen each of the five components:
- quality physical education;
- physical activity during school day;
- physical activity before and after school;
- Staff involvement; and
- Family and community engagement.
- Provide consistent, evidence-based standards for nutrition and physical activity to promote student wellness through the assessment, development, improvement, and implementation of the federally mandated Local School Wellness Policies.
- Increase adoption and use of food standards and procurement policies (including criteria for sodium, saturated and trans fats, healthy beverages, and fiber) by venues reaching priority populations, including municipalities, community-based organizations, worksites, and/or hospitals
Your review and execution of the attached Memorandum of understanding (MOU) will allow us to progressively proceed in responding to the NYS RFP Titled RFA # 1405120447 # DOH01-CHSCA-2014GO_5000147_Attachment_3_CHSC_sample_school_MOU_FINAL GAM 11-30-2014